Undocumented and Mixed Status Families

麻豆色情片 is an inclusive campus dedicated to embracing, celebrating, and valuing the diversity of its community. The tech college seeks to create an environment that supports equal access to employment and technical education for all involved. If your goals include a technical education with job placement in a training-related field, we want you to be a part of the college!

Am I considered to be an undocumented student?

A student who is not a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident and who does not currently possess a permanent resident card, naturalization certificate, visa, or other legal documentation is considered an undocumented student. This even includes those born outside of the U.S. who have lived in this country for a significant portion of their lives.

Will the college check my residency status?

The tech college does not check state residency or citizenship status for enrollment purposes.

What information do I provide the college?

The tech college asks for a social security number on the application form because tuition and fees may be tax deductible for some students. Providing a social security number is optional, but a social security number must be given if you wish to take a student tax deduction or receive a tax form (called a 1098T) at the end of the year.

If you do not have a social security number, or you do not want to provide one, there are three alternatives when applying:

  1. Provide an ITIN (Individual Tax Identification Number), which you can obtain from the听Internal Revenue Service (听辞谤听)
  2. Select the option to refuse to enter your SSN for college purposes (and acknowledge you will not get the 1098-T tax form or be able to take a deduction to claim a tuition and fees or education credit)
  3. Choose the 鈥淚 do not have a Social Security Number or ITIN鈥 option

Student privacy is protected under federal laws, and the college takes this very seriously. Social security numbers are not shared with outside entities, other than to the IRS for tax purposes.听 The college has no way of knowing whether you provided a social security number or an ITIN. We do not compile or share lists of student citizenship status.

What about programs that lead to a license from the state?

Programs below will require a social security number and/or proof of legal employability in order to obtain licensure through the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing (DOPL):

  • Barbering
  • Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
  • Cosmetology
  • Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
  • Electrical Apprenticeship
  • Nail Technician
  • Practical Nurse (PN)

What if I鈥檓 an international student?

The tech college is unable to admit students who are in the United States on a student visa, due to extensive federal regulations. If you are a student studying in the United States, under a student visa, please stay in compliance with your visa status.

Who can help me if I have questions?

Tech college faculty and staff are here to help you achieve success.

Admissions and advising 鈥 Call 435-248-1800 for an appointment

Will I be eligible for a scholarship?

Many of our scholarships are available for undocumented students.听Although we encourage students to apply for FAFSA to determine need, there are alternatives to applying for FAFSA. The Scholarship Review Committee meets every month to evaluate scholarship applications.

If you want to apply for scholarships, the application will ask about citizenship status. This is because some private donors require that recipients be U.S. citizens. The information is not flagged anywhere else; it is only used to determine which funding is available for you. Please answer ALL questions on the application. Blank responses may exclude your application from evaluation.

Requirements for our eligible scholarship are:

  • U.S. citizen, an eligible non-citizen, or a non-U.S. citizen with a Utah high school diploma (Proof of eligibility is not required during the application process. If a scholarship is awarded, the financial aid office will provide further instructions.)
  • Attending 12 or more hours per week as a certificate seeking student.
  • Maintaining 67% attendance and 67% progress in your program.
  • High school or GED completion or GED. If you completed high school outside your transcript may need to be evaluated and translated.

More information about scholarships听can be found here.

Can I apply for financial aid?

Undocumented or deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) are not currently eligible for any federal financial aid programs.

If your parents are undocumented, but you aren鈥檛, then you may apply for financial aid.听 You enter zeros (000-00-0000) for their social security number on the FAFSA application and would submit physical signatures instead of having parents sign digitally.

Access educational resources on the听.